CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Hi, my name is "Hero" and I'm a believer!

Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday night . . .

So I feel so full tonight that I feel as though I really should blog . . .but now when I'm faced with an empty dialog box, I'm not sure what about.

Should it be about me, Mary, and Hope lighting the candles to start off shabbat – reading Psalm 145 and calming our minds for the night ahead.

Maybe it could be about dropping off my friend at the Domestic Violence Shelter and watching her go in, knowing that she felt safe and excited about the future, full of hope.

Or it might be about Celebrate Recovery – when we had our Court of Awards during the Dinner with 60 people in attendance. We gave out sashes to 10 Sunbeams, 8 Girl Guards, and 8 Adventure Corps Boys!

From PSYC Pendleton SALVATIONISTS Youth Corps ---- HEROES AT LARGE!

But then again, the meetings afterwards were good too – we had our Troops tonight – we have them twice a week now – and everyone was busy and active – and yet it went well. Sort of like organized chaos – Sunbeams did cooking (those Brownies were sure good), the Girl Guards did the fashion design books that the twins got from DHQ for Christmas (thanks, DHQ!), and the boys painted crosses and had lots of fun making amess. Then they found some very hard bread loaves (the long, skinny kind) and had sword fights outside with them.

I might even mention that this morning, Hope and I spoke to a class at BMCC about mental health in children and the effect it has on their education – I got to mention that any teacherwannabes could help on Friday nights and it would be appreciated – and some guy actually showed up to HELP!!! Woo hoo – He was a big help, too.

But nothing I could say would give the full extent of what happened and it would all sound very tame to anybody who read about it . . . so instead I will just say that it has been along, tiring, but fulfilling day. And I hope my friend sleeps well in her new bed at the shelter.

0 comments: